Quality in Every Bag or Bottle. Guaranteed.
The National Animal Supplement Council (NASC) is a non-profit organization that advocates and collectively enforces Good Manufacturing Practice Quality Standards in manufacturing, labeling and marketing animal health supplements.
The NASC Quality Seal program is part of its continued effort to improve and standardize the animal supplement industry. Separate from the NASC logo, members must earn permission to display the Quality Seal by adhering to NASC’s quality standards, and successfully passing an independent audit to ensure compliance with their rigorous quality control standards.
As a founding member of NASC, VetriScience® was granted permission to display the Quality Seal by demonstrating the “highest current standards of quality in the industry today.”
NASC Quality Control Standards:
- The company must have a quality control manual in place that provides written standard operating procedures (SOPs) for production process control, which helps ensure the company is providing a consistent and quality product.
- The company must have an adverse event reporting/complaint system in place to monitor and evaluate products in real time.
- The company must comply with stringent labeling guidelines for all products and all forms of labeling.
- Product labels must display any specific warnings and caution statements for particular ingredients that are recommended by the Food & Drug Administration’s Center for Veterinary Medicine (FDA-CVM) and the NASC Scientific Advisory Committee.
- Submit to random product testing by an independent lab to ensure ingredients meet label claim.